Today is World Mental Health Day. Help us raise awareness. We are 5 experts on mental health here to answer your questions - Ask Us Anything.
Mental illness is more common than cancer, diabetes, or heart disease. According to the National Institute of Mental Health, about 1 in 5 U.S. adults had a mental health issue in 2014, and 1 in 25 lived with someone who had a serious condition, such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, or major depression. We are a panel of experts who either study, treat, or live with a mental health disorder — ask us anything.
- More on Neha Pathak, MD: https://www.webmd.com/neha-pathak-md
- More on Seth Gillihan, PhD: https://blogs.webmd.com/mental-health/20190416/anxiety-is-a-stage-of-grief-you-may-not-recognize
- More on Hansa Bhargava, MD: https://www.webmd.com/hansa-bhargava
- More on Smitha Bhandari, MD: https://www.pathgroupatl.com/
- More on Gabe Howard: http://www.gabehoward.com/
- Proof: https://twitter.com/WebMD/status/1180204703923265536
Thanks for joining us, everyone! We are signing off for now.