For perspective. IamA 30 year old who built & run a tiny porn site. I spend 12-14 hours a day working on porn while balancing eating/sleeping/wife in between. AMA!
A friend gave me a heads up on this removed thread from earlier today, so figured I'd provide some real perspective on what building and running a porn site from scratch is actually like.
- Had the idea for heartpie in 2014
- 2 straight years of 50-60 hrs/wk coding ensued
- Began securing our payment processor in 2016, it took us a full year to get approved
- Launched our private beta mid-2017
- Now working 60-70 hrs/wk juggling dev/marketing/support/social media
- Cost to run the site ~$400 per month (server, media hosting, content delivery, transcoding, SaaS fees)
You probably haven't heard of it, since we're still in early beta days. The premise is you share a recipe for what you want to watch, add bounties to it, and only pay if a NSFW content creator (a baker) fulfills the request. For bakers, they make money fulfilling these recipes and by setting up subscription tiers for their fans (similar to a NSFW Patreon).
Size-wise, we're still tiny. Passing the first 100 beta users milestone was an awesome day,
we're hoping to pass 1000 by the end of the yearEdit 2: Well, nevermind, as of this morning we've passed 1000 beta users! You guys are awesome. AMA!
Edit: And here's our proof on twitter