[AMA] I Set the Hotel Room Rates for the Las Vegas Strip...Ask me how to snag a deal or AMA!
I recently just left a job in revenue management with a large hotel/casino/entertainment company here in Las Vegas that has multiple properties on The Strip. Each property averaged from 2,000 to over 5,000 rooms!
My main job was to set the hotel room rates at these properties to ensure we maximized revenues.
I also worked with marketing departments to create promotions (the "Book Now and Get 20% Off + $50 F&B Credit!"), the casino departments for setting comp rates, hotel operations, and online travel agents (Expedia, Orbitz, etc).
To Get the best deal on a hotel room in Vegas, try this:
- Google your hotel name and then "Promo code" (i.e. "Caesars Palace promo code")
- No luck? Try the hotels Facebook page or Twitter accounts.
- Book directly though the hotels website! BOOK DIRECT! BOOK DIRECT!
- Use your players card anywhere and everywhere it's accepted.
- Be nice to the staff when checking in and during stay - seriously. We keep comments about you.
- Keep in mind we have resort fees for every hotel on the strip. Revenue Management loves them, everyone hates them.
Fun Fact, we make mistakes sometimes.
My Proof: http://i.imgur.com/RAjFUP1.jpg plus verification from the Mods.
So, Ask Me Anything!
EDIT: Im following a recipe from r/slowcooking so I got plenty of time. Keep em coming.