I'm Ryan North, the writer of Dinosaur Comics, Squirrel Girl, Shakespeare Chooseable-Path Adventures, and now a time travel survival guide! AMA
So my original idea for this went along the lines of "self, it has been several years since you last did an AMA and they're always fun, PLUS: you can promote the Kickstarter for HOW TO INVENT EVERYTHING, your non-fiction time travel book that's ending on Thursday" but then I saw my CLOSE PERSONAL FRIEND Chip did an AMA yesterday! So now my new idea is "self, this continues the proud tradition of you following Chip on things (like Jughead), with you being Everyone's Favourite Backup Chip". SO HERE I AM.
Things you may vaguely remember me from / be curious about:
- writing Dinosaur Comics for oh gosh FIFTEEN YEARS
- writing The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl for Marvel Comics
- taking over Jughead as Everyone's Favourite Backup Chip (see above)
- getting stuck in a hole with my dog
- Romeo and/or Juliet and To Be or Not To Be, where I turned Shakespeare into a chooseable-path adventure
- How To Invent Everything, that new book about reinventing civilization from scratch that you may have noticed when I bolded and hyperlinked it in the previous paragraph
- and more??
Let's talk about our feelings
PROOF: on twitter dot com
UPDATE: Three hours and hundreds of questions later and I gotta take a break and go eat some fried chicken parts! I'll try to answer the rest afterwards, but thank you all for having me, thanks for the great questions (every time there's great questions! HOW DO Y'ALL DO IT) and be sure to check out How To Invent Everything in the... 28 hours left in the campaign. <3