And I'm out. Thanks for all the questions. 99% of you were awesome.
I saw the request a few weeks back and finally have a free evening. Lets do this.
For those of you that have never heard of Club 33 see: Club 33 Wikipedia article
To answer some of the questions that I saw posted on the request and to get a few facts out there:
- I've been a member for 10+ years but the membership has been in the family for 30 years.
- It's $25K up front plus $10k a year.
- Is it worth it? As a logical expense, no. I keep the membership in memory of my parents, who loved 33.
- They don't really tell us how long the waiting list is, but it's rumored at 14 years. They let a bunch through earlier this year when they opened 1901 (private club in California Adventure).
- They changed the rules this year. When I took people to dinner previously, park entrance was included with dinner. Now it's separate. A lot of other luxuries have changed this year too.
- Minus the alcohol, dinner will run most guests $150.
- 99% of the diners at 33 are guests and you'd be hard pressed to pick out a true member in there most days.
- No, I wont make any redditors reservations, sorry.
I'm off to bed. I'll try to answer a few more in the morning.
My wife says I have "30 minutes to finish up" with my "online friends". I saw her open up pinterest though so I think we're good for at least 2 hours.