I am Rick Doblin, Ph.D, founder of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS). Ask me and my staff anything about the scientific and medical potential of psychedelic drugs and marijuana!
Hey reddit! I am Rick Doblin, Ph.D., Founder and Executive Director of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS). Founded in 1986, MAPS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit research and educational organization that develops medical, legal, and cultural contexts for people to benefit from the careful uses of psychedelics and marijuana.
The staff of MAPS and I are here to answer your questions about:
- Scientific research into MDMA, LSD, psilocybin, ayahuasca, ibogaine, and marijuana
- The role of psychedelics and marijuana in science, medicine, therapy, spirituality, culture, and policy
- Reducing the risks associated with the non-medical use of various drugs by providing education and harm reduction services
- How to effectively communicate about psychedelics at your dinner table
- and anything else!
Our currently most promising research focuses on treating post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) with MDMA-assisted psychotherapy.
This is who we have participating today from MAPS:
- Rick Doblin, Ph.D., Founder and Executive Director
- Brad Burge, Director of Communications and Marketing
- Amy Emerson, Director of Clinical Research
- Virginia Wright, Director of Development
- Brian Brown, Communications and Marketing Associate
- Kynthia Brunette, Operations Associate
- Tess Goodwin, Development Assistant
- Ilsa Jerome, Ph.D., Research and Information Specialist
- Bryce Montgomery, Web and Multimedia Associate
- Linnae Ponté, Zendo Project Harm Reduction Coordinator
- Ben Shechet, Clinical Study Assistant
- Berra Yazar-Klosinski, Ph.D., Lead Clinical Research Associate
For more information about scientific research into the medical potential of psychedelics and marijuana, please visit maps.org.