Tell me your idiosyncratic behavior, personality trait, preference, or stance -- and I'll tell you what it's correlated with. I'm Shaun Gallagher, author of "Correlated." AMA!
I'm Shaun Gallagher (proof), author of "Experimenting With Babies: 50 Amazing Science Projects You Can Perform on Your Kid" and "Correlated: Surprising Connections Between Seemingly Unrelated Things." The latter book hit bookstores last week. It's based on my site Correlated.org.
As it says in the title, you can tell me your idiosyncratic behavior, personality trait, preference, or stance on an issue -- and I'll dig through the entirety of the data set I've collected over the past 3+ years and tell you what it's most strongly correlated with. (Just make sure you phrase it in the form of a question, so the mods don't nuke your comment.)
Some examples, to get you started:
- Do you take the stairs two at a time?
- Are you a skilled Capri Sun pouch puncturer?
- Do you insist that toilet paper hang away from the wall?
- Can you burp at will?
- Can you tie a cherry stem in a knot with your tongue?
- Do you cut the fabric tags off of clothing?
- Are you introverted or extraverted?
- Do you consider yourself to be blunt?
- Are you an optimist or a pessimist?
- Which guides your decision making: logic or emotions?
- Are you bad at keeping secrets?
- Are you very physically affectionate?
- Do you prefer Coke or Pepsi?
- Do you prefer salty snacks or sweet snacks?
- Do you prefer thin-crust pizza or deep dish?
- Do you prefer multiple-choice or essay questions?
- Would you rather act or direct?
- Do you prefer your vitamins in gummi bear form?
- Do you think prostitution should be legal?
- Do you think we're too stingy with foreign aid?
- Do you support capital punishment?
- Should flag burning be illegal?
- Should Holocaust denial be illegal?
- Should churches and other places of worship be tax-exempt?