I'm Caitlin Goerlich. I released my debut Young Adult novel, The Silent Summer, on May 28th. I have a Spinal Cord Injury and am a Wheelchair User. I'm Also a YouTuber and an Adaptive Athlete. Ask Me Anything!
My name is Caitlin. I am 28 years old. And I’m ready to answer all your questions.
I am excited that I officially released my debut young adult novel, The Silent Summer (a summer love story), on May 28th! It has been a long-time coming. I’ve wanted to be a published author pretty much my whole life. It’s available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Google Play Store, and Kobo.
I was diagnosed with kyphoscoliosis (a combination of kyphosis and scoliosis) at the age of one. Then, I had major surgeries when I was three years old. There were many complications which lead me to having spinal nerve damage causing paralysis from the waist down. My main diagnosis is spinal cord injury (SCI).
Some facts about me:
- Introduced to adaptive sports at the age of six (1999): track & field, table tennis, and archery. Also participated in adaptive fencing for a couple years (2008-2010).
- Have my Bachelor’s Degree in English with a focus on Creative Writing.
- I self-published my first book, The Silent Summer (mentioned earlier) and plan to publish more books in the future.
- I have a YouTube channel where I post a variety of videos: Reactions, Caitlin Answers, Wiki-Wheelz Talk, My Top 10, and more.
- I now also have a Patreon where I post uncut versions of my videos and exclusive writing content.
- I am also the chairperson for the Tri-State Wheelchair Athletic Association board.
Feel free to ask me anything!
Edit: Thank you for all your questions. It was fun talking to all of you! Remember to follow me at any of the links above. :)