IamA Pacific Northwest Earthquake experts. Ask us Anything. AMA!
EDIT: Most of our experts have gone back to their home agencies. We'll try to loop back here to see if there are questions we missed. Thanks all!
Earlier today, more than 53 million people participated in the Great ShakeOut! Here in Washington state, we had more than 1 million people participate. Our partners in Oregon had about 500,000. The Great ShakeOut is the largest earthquake drill we’ve ever been a part of and this is our fifth year participating – it happens the third Thursday of the month in October. We are ready to help you understand earthquakes and tsunamis that threaten our area.
• Maximilian Dixon, the geologic hazards manager with the Washington Emergency Management Division; Proof
• Emory Montague, R&D Engineering Manager for Simpson Strong-Tie. expert on structural engineering during earthquakes; Proof
• Gala Gulacsik, an earthquake preparedness expert with the Federal Emergency Management Agency, Region X of Washington Idaho, Alaska and Oregon Proof
• Brian Terbush, the earthquake and volcano coordinator for the Washington Emergency Management Division proof
• Manuel Lugo, tsunami coordinator for the Washington Emergency Management Division proof
In a supporting role will be Steven Friederich, Digital Media Coordinator for the Washington Military Department providing technical assistance and hunting down links on the website.
We'll sign our responses with our first name.
Ask us Anything.