I am the creator of Social Fixer, a popular RES-like browser extension that customizes Facebook. AMA!
I am Matt Kruse, creator and developer of Social Fixer ( http://SocialFixer.com ), a popular browser extension that customizes Facebook by fixing annoyances and adding new features. (It's like the Reddit Enhancement Suite of Facebook)
This AMA comes at the request of a number of people in this thread and personal mail.
I am open to technical questions about building extensions, or about Facebook's internals and how I make all this work. Personal questions are also allowed, if you wish.
Things that people might be interested in:
- Building extensions for multiple browsers
- Reverse engineering Facebook's code
- Supporting hundreds of thousands of users
- Facebook legal trouble
- "Marketing" an app like this
- Why it's free: Why I Do Not Monetize Social Fixer or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Donation
- How I got into this kind of development and what I've done in the past
- What kind of tools I use
- What I think is coming next, or what is possible
- Anything else your crazy minds can dream up
This will NOT be Facebook tech support. Sorry. But feel free to vent, if you wish ;)
I will begin answering around 9am CST.