IAmA Coin-Op Arcade Attendant! You guys seemed to like this last time, so let's do it again!
Hello! I am an attendant at a small coin operated arcade, one of the few left not using a card swipe system! Ask me anything!
Proof (check the register): https://imgur.com/a/LTLW18E
1244 PDT: Sorry for the delays, it got really busy out of nowhere!
1744 PDT: Alright guys, it's been real, but my work day is over and so is this AMA. Thanks for coming by! I'll probably check back every once in a while and answer the odd lingering question, but I'd like to leave you guys with a few tips for your next arcade visit.
- The attendants are there to help you. Don't be afraid to talk to them. (Though maybe don't bug them when they're elbow-deep in a cabinet.)
- If you have a problem with a game, please remember the name of the game! Trust me, we know every single game in the building, but "that one" and pointing in a direction is a bit vague and unhelpful.
- There are only so many tickets loaded into a game. If it runs out, don't worry, there's always more, and most games keep track of how many tickets they owe you. Ask an attendant.
- If a coin gets stuck, don't hit the door, it usually just makes the problem worse by jamming the coin further against another coin. Just ask an attendant.
- Most of us are at or just above minimum wage. Macro-level decisions made by management are generally not within our control. Please do not berate us. :(
- If you're gonna come in stoned, please spray some kind of scent. Weed stench is grody.
- If your arcade has an entrance fee, please follow the rules of their admission! Do not remove your wristband or wash off your stamp! We will have to charge you again!
- If your arcade doesn't use quarters, don't stick quarters into the games! It won't give you extra plays, it'll just cause problems.
- No question is too stupid. Trust me, we have dealt with dumber shit than you can come up with. Ask an attendant.
- Ask an attendant.
- Ask an attendant.
- ASK AN ATTENDANT.