We're earthquake and tsunami experts from Washington, California & Oregon. Ask us Anything!
Next Thursday is the Great ShakeOut, the world’s largest earthquake drill, where more than 55 million people will drop, cover and hold on. Today, we’ve brought together some of the West Coast’s top earthquake scientists and preparedness experts to take your questions about earthquakes and tsunamis.
Twitter from verified Account: https://twitter.com/waEMD/status/1181698351210758144
· John Vidale, Dean's Professor of Earth Sciences at University of Southern California and former director of the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network and former director of the Southern California Earthquake Center.
· Corina Forson, Daniel Eungard, Alex Dolcimascolo, geologists and tsunami experts with the Washington Department of Natural Resources.
· Brian Terbush, the earthquake and volcano coordinator for the Washington Emergency Management Division.
· Bill Steele, Director of Communications, Pacific Northwest Seismic Network.
· Althea Rizzo, Geologic Hazards Coordinator for the Oregon Office of Emergency Management.
· Emory Montague, R&D Engineering Manager for Simpson Strong-Tie (expert on structural engineering during earthquakes.
In a supporting role will be Steven Friederich, Digital Media Coordinator for the Washington Military Department providing technical assistance and hunting down links on the website.
We'll sign our responses with our first name.
EDIT: We're done for the day, but a few of us might stop by to answer more questions later today or tomorrow. Thanks so much! Drop, cover & hold on!