A while back, Elon Musk tweeted about a review platform for news. I was already building a website like that, and did an AMA. Now I’m back with an update. AMA!
Last year I did an AMA about a website I started called Tribeworthy with the idea of creating a rating and review platform for news, with the goal of improving trust and understanding between journalists and news consumers.
When we did the original AMA, there seemed to be a feeling of cautious interest. There were lots of questions, many making good points. I think many saw us as a flash in the pan, others saw us as naive. Well we’re still here for better or worse, and a lot has changed.
A few things that have happened since then:
- We took down our browser extension, and went private again.
- We’ve done our best to listen to feedback, and have made many changes.
- We renamed from Tribeworthy to Credder.
- We relaunched the site as a closed beta, only letting journalists on through invitation only.
- We were featured on TechCrunch.
- We are relaunching our site to the public again at the end of May.
One of the major changes is that we now have two ratings per article. A journalist rating, and a user rating. The journalist rating is calculated from reviews left by journalists, and the user rating is calculated from reviews left by users. When we did the original AMA, we were still a little early in our development cycle. We have since completely restructured and built out a lot more underlying infrastructure.
So now we are reopening the site as a public beta, and we are currently allowing users early access by using the invitation code TCNEWS.
You can check out the website here: https://credder.com
My name is Austin Walter, ask me anything!
Further Proof: https://twitter.com/CredderApp/status/1130868596949700608