I left school to cook with Cannabis & have created a successful business. Grateful to be featured on major news networks & cooked with some celebrities. Currently working on my 1st Restaurant...AMA!
I dropped out of UC Santa Cruz after studying Cannabis and the endocannabinoid system for a couple years and falling in love with the plant. I left to learn to cook from amazing Chefs while condUcting some experiements of my own with Cannabis. Over the years i have built a moderately successful business out of it. I’m grateful to have been featured on every major news network you can think of (including Bong Apatite on Viceland, CNN, The Guardian, etc) and cooked with many celebrities and influencers. Currently working on opening the first Cannabis Restaurant here in LA...
Moar proof: instagram @The_Herbal_Chef
I truly love what this plant stands for and what it has the potential to do for humanity on a medicinal/agricultural/humanistic level. So I made it part of my mission to de-stigmatize this plant. In my mind there’s only a few things that unite the world not matter what color/sex/race/religion/etc- Love Fear, Food and Music. So here I am, tryin to do some good in this world.
Here’s some cool stuff I’ve been able to do over the years:
- von Miller called me the GOAT one time and I thought he was referring to the animal
- Was called last minute and cooked on Viceland for Bong Apatite
- cooked for famous people
- Cooked with Juicy J in my tiny ass apartment https://imgur.com/gallery/xnQSK
- Cooked with Vitaly for a show I hosted https://youtu.be/darfkiGeAu4
- Cooked for the Porsche racing team
- Was on CNN, Forbes, Fox News, The Guardian, Reuters, AFP, Fast Times, GQ, Elle Magazine, and many more talking about Cannabis
- I went cliff jumping and cracked my tooth
- Speak at the National Restaurant Association annually
- Speak at ACF Chefs, Catersource, New England Food Expo, and more about Culinary Cannabis
- u/here_comes_the_king shared my YouTube video once (I still have yet to cook for him)
- Eat at the #2 ranked restaurant in the world while High and got to meet one of my idols and favorite chefs ever
- Created food experiences for thousands of people
- Slept out of my car for a long while to build myself
- Woodworked plates for our guests
- Written for a few publications
- We lobbied (along with a few really awesome other companies) to get on-site consumption licenses available AND GOT THEM ON
- We’re hoping to open up the first Cannabis infused restaurant the world has seen
- Ive been banned from r/trees TWICE and made it back on
- I’ve gotten to travel all over the US and beyond because of this amazing plant
- We are putting out my first Cookbook this year called “Perspective: A Guide to Cannabis Cookery”
- Created the worlds largest edible in the form of a gingerbread village https://youtu.be/A8TXw-bQ7-M
Edit: WOW LOTS OF QUESTIONS. I am answering as my schedule today permits. I promise I will answer upwards of 85% of them.
Some of you are asking for recipes, here are a few: Baklava https://youtu.be/mi8NIRyswuc Pomegranate sorbet https://youtu.be/KZoMxlIrZ0Q Fettuccini Alfredo https://youtu.be/eRrYtuvgutk Stuffed grape leaves https://youtu.be/P7GUx4MrDRs Pizza https://youtu.be/PuZfXdQ_CUc Cannolis https://youtu.be/K7Rrg7Mno7A
Here is the documentary we did kind of showcasing what we do: https://youtu.be/BJy5_2WWjbk
Here is a cool CBD dessert table for our guests (inspired by the work of Grant Atchaz): https://youtu.be/PbBbXuHC83I
Edit #2: I have to say, Reddit, It’s got me a little emotional to see how many people are thinking about others in this thread. A lot of you really want to see something done for the people wrongfully incarcerated with non-violent marijuana charges, a lot want to see patients being helped, and a lot want to see education become more widely available. I love this. It’s why I jumped into this and left UCSC. I knew that this plant would be able to help with these societal issues. Systematic issues even.
If I could just say one thing, it would be that I am trying so damn hard to do something positive. I didn’t have big business experience prior to this endeavor, every day that my company grows, I am in a whole shitstorm of “idk what the fuck to do” and learning every step of the way. While trying to be an activist i still have to consider how to pay my bills, try and be normal and social, and see family. I am just one person and we have a very small team, but I can promise you this. I am relentless in my efforts to make a more positive, healthier, open world. I hope you can understand that I don’t have all the answers, but I am working towards it all.
So much love to all of you.
I’ll be answering questions throughout the day still as my time permits, but I wanted to say THANK YOU for what has been an incredibly insightful and moving experience.
Edit#3. TL;DR - We are not all about getting high, we believe in the plant is multifaceted in its uses.
We serve a 10 course menu with 10mgTHC over the course of the evening along with 6-8oz of wine to create a feeling of euphoria without being overwhelmed.
We believe that you should wait until your brain is more fully developed before using cannabis, this is highly debated and I can’t really give a year or age although it seems 18-25years is when the prefrontal cortex is fully developed (http://mentalhealthdaily.com/2015/02/18/at-what-age-is-the-brain-fully-developed/)
Check out the http://www.drugpolicy.org to see how you can help those incarcerated for non-violent marijuana crimes
If you are trying to extract at home, please check out http://levooil.com
My website is http://theherbalchef.com if you want to see more stuffs
If you want to learn how to cook with Cannabis and learn culinary technique, sign up for our news letter, we are teaming up with Master Chef Rich Rosendale to bring you an incredible class and will be accepting people into the program.
I’ll be doing dinners in Canada in April, and all over the US speaking and learning, you can stay up to date through my IG