IamA 23yr male that completed a 32 day sleep study and got paid ~9k
Last year I was unemployed and did a 32 day sleep study where I was not allowed to leave my room or have real time contact with the outside world. I never knew the time or when I was going to go to sleep or wake up.
Me hooked up to EKG device the week before to make sure I didn't have sleep apnea http://imgur.com/JT7ZzhS
Edit some additional info:
- light was kept at ~4 lux when awake 0 lux when i was asleep (regular life is about 90 lux i think)
- i was hookep up with wires 24-7
- had an iv 24-7 for fluids and blood samples
- was awake 13 hours and asleep 6 (regular body function around a 24-25 hour cycle) think of it as a wake sleep cycle and not a day. It makes more sense.
- dietitians prepared my food so that i would stay at a constant weight
- i was screened for 3 weeks (need to be healthy and no mental issues)
- when i went to sleep i was not allowed to get up because of the wires so i had to pee in a bottle. They collected 100% of my pee.
- was not allowed to exercise but the athrophy was t bad. The blood they took hurt the most. Back to full strength in 3 weeks.
Edit 2: I'm going to sleep will answer more tomorrow. Edit 3: thanks for all the upvotes I'll try to keep answering questions! Edit 4: I'm done! I might answer more later in the day. Thanks for all the questions I hope you all enjoyed!