I’m Dr. Giuliano Testa. I performed the first successful uterus transplant in the U.S. and was named one of TIME’s 100 Most Influential People of 2018. Ask me anything!
Hello Reddit! I am the Chief of Abdominal Transplant at Baylor University Medical Center, specializing in living donor transplantation for both adult and pediatric patients. I have been practicing medicine for over two decades in both the United States and in Europe, and have authored more than 160 manuscripts and several book chapters. I performed the first successful uterus transplant in the United States, and I am proud to say that in late 2017, the patient I treated went on to deliver a healthy baby. Last week, I was honored to be named one of TIME’s 100 Most Influential People of 2018 as a result of my work in this area. Below are some YouTube videos and articles that might interest you:
- https://ti.me/2F3PVur TIME 100 Profile
- https://ti.me/2F3RrN4 TIME’s exclusive on the birth
- https://ti.me/2Hf8Loo NY Times Article on the birth
- https://youtu.be/LrAAZkERl-Y - First Baby Delivery at Baylor University Medical Center
- https://youtu.be/clJn6xsOM1g - TIME’s profile on the birth of the first U.S. baby born after Uterus transplant
- https://youtu.be/nS6ZitMf-eY - The 2nd baby
I’ll be taking over TIME’s Reddit account from 1pm-2pm EST today. Ask me anything about the uterus transplant procedure, my decades of work as a transplant surgeon, or even how I reacted when I found out I would be included on this year’s TIME 100.