We are the dev team of Bastion, Transistor, and Pyre. Ask us anything!
Hey Reddit! It’s been five years (https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/lwljh/iama_dev_team_of_bastion_the_action_rpg_where_an/) since last we did such a thing, and we figured, we’re still alive, we’re still in business, we’ve learned a lot, and we’ve got a third game coming out real soon, so why not invite you to AMA once again?!
A bit about Supergiant: We were founded in the living room of a house in San Jose, CA in 2009. Bastion was our first game, launched in 2011. Transistor was our second game, launched in 2014. Pyre is our third game, launching... Tuesday! On Steam and PS4.
We’ve grown a little since Bastion and have 12 people at the studio. Just about all of us are in here:
- u/SG_Amir: cofounder / studio director / designer
- u/SG_Gavin: cofounder / engineer
- u/SG_Darren: audio director / composer
- u/SG_Greg: creative director / writer / designer
- u/SG_Jen: art director / artist
- u/SG_Andrew: chief technology officer / systems engineer
- u/SG_Camilo: 3D modeler / animator
- u/u/SG_Josh: visual FX / user interface art and design
- u/SG_Morgan: quality assurance / production
- u/SG_Logan: voice actor
EDIT -- Aaand, that's a wrap! Thanks everybody for all the great questions! We're @SupergiantGames on Twitter if any other burning questions arise in the coming days. Thank you for your support!