We are 6 go professionals and organizers who were involved with the match in Korea last week between Google's AlphaGo AI and Lee Sedol 9p -- Ask us anything!
We are the folks in the Go community who helped with the Google Deepmind Challenge Match between AlphaGo vs. Lee Sedol last week in Seoul. You might've read about it, it made the front page of r/worldnews a couple times last week:
- Michael Redmond 9p (Pro Go player, commented games on the official Deepmind stream) - /u/redmond9p
- Myungwan Kim 9p (Pro Go Player, commented games on the AGA stream) - /u/bigtory
- Hajin Lee 3p (Pro Go Player, Secretary General of the International Go Federation and translator/organizer between the Korea Baduk Association and Google) - /u/summerapple
- Andy Okun (AGA President) - /u/aga-president
- Chris Garlock (AGA VP Communications, commented games on the official Deepmind stream) - /u/aga-comms
- Andrew Jackson (AGA VP Operations, commented games on the AGA stream) - /u/seigenblues
Ask us anything~! We'll start answering around 6:00pm PDT/9:00 pm EDT. Mr. Redmond will be a little late.
Edit: It might help your question get answered if you clarify who it's for or if it's for all of us :)
Edit2: ok, i think Michael will come on through here in a bit and Andy's hanging on, but we should probably close this down to new questions! Thanks everyone!