I work at a rural private hospital with a Department of Corrections contract. I work almost exclusively with inmates. We do have a small part of the hospital dedicated to treating private citizens, and an ER open to the community. Overall, I deal with prisoners for 40-60 hours a week. We take minimum to maximum security inmates, from people who have been put in prison for forging checks or stealing to murderers and rapists. AMA!
EDIT: I've submitted some information to the mods. Hopefully, that will work for verification.
EDIT 2: I've wasted away a lot of hours here! Thank you guys for the overwhelming response. It's getting hard to keep up with! I've got to get started on some homework, but I'll keep answering questions here and there. I'll check in tomorrow to answer what I miss tonight!
Some things that have already been covered:
- I have not seen Oz or Prison Break, so I have no opinion on those shows.
- I don't judge inmates based on their crime, and I prefer not to know what they are in prison for. They are patients first.
- The scrotum biter
- Chick inmates are crazier than the dudes.
- I like Apples to Apples.
- Somehow the Dorito thing ended up getting mentioned. Don't click on the link, for the love of all that is holy.
- I work at a private hospital that is not part of a prison, but treats DOC inmates.
- I am not Sara Tancredi.
EDIT 3: I'm back for a bit. I'm going to answer as many questions as I can before I go to bed for the day, and then I'll try to get to the rest tonight. I can't believe the response this is getting!