IamA developer and I created a website for taking Parallel Typing Tests with public domain books. AMA
I recently started attempting to learn Russian. I knew that there were websites that offered parallel books, (books that allow you to read translations as you're learning a new language) and I wanted the same for practicing typing. When I originally tried searching for this online, I couldn't find what I wanted so I created my own website.
Here is an example of one of the books with parallel typing tests: https://btype.io/game/1931/1
I ended up doing more than the minimum though, and the website actually works for anyone wanting to just practice typing with books in any language.
Here is a list of books that are just for practicing typing: https://btype.io/l/en/en
Other features of the website:
- Dark mode
- Progress and stats are saved for users
- Users are able to share their progress with others
- All of the books and translations that are created are downloadable for other developers to use
- Users can import public domain books on their own if books are missing
- There are 109 languages that have support.
My Proof: https://btype.io/reddit/ama.txt
Ask me anything!