My ex hired someone to kill me, but didn't get away with it. AM(almost)A!
[SERIOUS] Over a year after I separated from my husband, he finally gave up trying to get me back and decided to hire someone to kill me instead. Luckily, the police were notified and an elaborate sting was set up to catch him, which included them pretty much faking my murder. Two days ago, my ex husband received a ten year sentence for conspiracy to commit murder.
If this looks familiar, I did do an AMA on this a while back, but was advised to take it down since the case wasn't completely settled at the time (posting it at the time was probably pretty stupid of me). Please forgive me if my formatting isn't perfect, I'm usually more of a lurker on Reddit.
This has gotten so much bigger than I ever expected. Please be patient with me, I am trying to answer as many questions as possible, and do so as coherently as possible.
EDIT: I see a lot of the same questions being asked in a lot of different places, and I'm really sorry that I haven't explained everything in a way that satisfies everyone. Here are the answers to some of the most repeated questions, for those of you who are getting a bit irate with my ineptitude in the comments:
- No, I do not know anyone named Lambesis.
- Yes, the children are his, they know only a few basic details about what happened, and they are handling it well, all things considered.
- He tried to find a hitman by asking his friends, and one of them tipped off the police.
- No, I was not trying to take any of his money, or even half of it, in the divorce. I only wanted him to leave me alone.
- The warning signs that made me leave in the first place are mostly included among this list
EDIT 2: I just want to thank everyone for reading this and commenting. I've learned that my situation is nowhere near unheard of. Knowing that there are so many others out there who have been through similar things helps a lot. Also, I know a lot of you aren't completely satisfied with the answers that I could give, and I'm sorry that I don't know every detail, or if some details are a little too personal to discuss. This ended up being much bigger than I expected, and I did the best I could.
My Proof:I've sent verification to the mods privately.