I kick people out of my Alamo Drafthouse movie theaters without a refund for texting and talking. AMA.
When we were 23 years old, my wife and I opened up our first single screen movie theater. We didn't have any qualifications except for one -- we were devoted movie fans. We were lucky to find that to be most important qualification of all. Since then, we have expanded to 14 locations and are building more.
As the Alamo Drafthouse grows, we remain dedicated to keeping the movie-watching experience safe for movie fans, serving quality food and drinks, and upholding high presentation standards. We are also striving to achieve long term goals by expanding the theater to new neighborhoods. Here are the eight objectives we hope to achieve as we grow:
- Share the movies we love with as many people as possible.
- Be a community cultural center.
- Build an audience for classic, golden era cinema.
- Build an audience for foreign language films.
- Build a youth and collegiate cinephile audience.
- Help local video stores survive as community cultural centers.
- Help preserve our vulnerable 35mm film history.
- Help preserve our even more vulnerable VHS film history.
Since we are expanding to several new cities this year, I thought I would bring together a few folks from the Alamo to answer any questions you might have.
-Tim League - Founder & Chief Executive Officer (TL)
-Mike Sherrill - Chief Creative Officer (MS)
-Henri Mazza - Director of National Promotions (HM)
-Tommy Swenson - Programmer (TS)
-Trish Eichelberger - Austin Market Concept Chef (TE)
-Jason Donoho - Research & Development Chef (JD)
-Bill Norris - Beverage Director (BN)
-Kayla Williams - Director of National First Run Promotions (KW)
-Casey Warnick - Social Media Manager (CW)
-Brandy Fons - Alamo Publicist (BF)
-Andrew McEathron - IT Manager (AM)
AMA Will start at 2:00 PM ET.
Ask Me (Us) Anything.
UPDATE 5:15 PM ET: thank you to everybody who participated in this AMA. We had a great time!