yo_im_on_reddit9 karma2020-11-28 17:25:13 UTC
Thank you for your cheeky question ;)
The answer is none.
Since I am only moving time from after the children go to bed to before the children wake up. My wife was a creative director before the pandemic and is now homeschooling our two children, a choice we made together and she opted into - I offered to school them if she wanted to keep working.
View HistoryShare Link
yo_im_on_reddit6 karma2020-11-28 17:40:52 UTC
Thank you, I know many people feel games are a waste of time. But I am of the opposite opinion and glad you are encouraging your son to follow his dream!
I can totally relate to what you are talking about regarding derailed sleep habits, and I still encounter these nights myself from time to time. I can only speak for myself, but here are some of the other routine practices that really help me:
1) I have a clear 3 year vision with a keystone goal and I have specific 90 days goals. Both of these milestones have measurable results. This is what gets me back on track anytime I fall off the wagon.
2) Before I go to bed, I journal for 15 - 30 minutes - I celebrate what I gained and I outline the next day and write down exactly what I will do, especially related to my project. This gets it out of my head and I can relax knowing I'll wake up and be able to hit the ground running.
3) I have a morning routine established: wake, brush teeth, drink water, meditate, stretch, then hit the project tasks I outlined the night before in a state of flow.
The result of these basic practices is that my mind is free all evening to be present. I also studied effective sleep habits to increase my success rate:
- Consistent to bed, consistent to rise, this is hard when weekends tend to be up later, I am still working on this.
- No screens for 2 hours before bed (hard)
- No water or food before bed
- Dim the lights in the house an hour before bed, and do everything I can to minimize noise and interruptions while sleeping (cats are bad for this)
- I also measure my sleep using an app so I can get data on which nights are bad and why, my wife makes fun of me for doing this, and she might be right.
yo_im_on_reddit2 karma2020-11-28 17:48:30 UTC
If you are referring to the programming language it's C# - if you are referring to localization it's English and Simplified Chinese.
yo_im_on_reddit2 karma2020-11-28 17:42:49 UTC
I have a pot in the morning which I think adds up to 2 or 3 cups. If I drink anything after 12 I've noticed it's harder to sleep at night.
yo_im_on_reddit2 karma2020-11-28 17:49:52 UTC
We are a single income family. I need to work to pay the bills.
Copyright © 2014 BestofAMA.com, All rights reserved.
reddit has not approved or endorsed BestofAMA, reddit design elements are trademarks of reddit inc.