Highest Rated Comments

saints212 karma

My wife does not have health insurance provided through her employer(starting to be a substitute teacher). She attended university full time this year and will most likely be claiming only a few hundred for income this year...likely less than 10k next.

I will make approximately 75k next year. We live in Louisiana. If we file taxes separately can she get better rates? Does she have to claim any or all of my income? All the plans that wouldn't be ridiculously financially stressful are pretty terrible compared to any health insurance offered by any of my past employers. Getting her insurance through my current employer would cost roughly $550 to $600 a month(I only pay $30 roughly). It's an excellent plan with a max $500 deductible, low copays on all of the typical stuff, and max out of pocket of $1500 I believe. Would we better off just biting the bullet and getting it?