Highest Rated Comments

masayaanglibre1 karma

I married a Canadian a few years ago and she has a greencard and living with me in the US. My paternal grandma recently passed away but she was a native born Canadian and my dad, born in the US, recently received a certificate thing stating he has Canadian citizenship, although he has never been in Canada longer than 1 month. I was also born in the US in the late 80s.

My questions: 1) Can I fill out the same forms that my dad did to get a certificate stating I also have Canadian citizenship?
2) Will this in any way affect my US citizenship? 3) What repercussions will doing so have on my tax liability to Canada if I continue to live in the US? 4) If I were to move to Canada and work there, any idea how I could get more info on my Canada & US tax liability ?