jetogill3 karma2017-11-28 16:45:57 UTC
Thats what ive heard from people in my office, we had someone transfer in from about 150 miles away and she didn't know the area at all, and was reduced to using her phone for navigation because the 'turn by turn' provided was so poor.
View HistoryShare Link
jetogill2 karma2017-11-28 16:49:05 UTC
Exactly. Your carriers supervisor can see where on the map it was scanned, in most cases that will be either at the box or at the door (or wherever your parcels are generally left). I generally leave a note if the parcel is left somewhere that isn't immediately obvious, the scanner doesnt have a lot of choices
jetogill2 karma2017-11-28 20:47:40 UTC
The canned ones do for about 95 percent of the ones I deliver, but it would be so handy for the other 5 percent to be able to enter something else
jetogill1 karma2017-11-28 17:36:29 UTC
Sorry, my comment was more of not that your carrier did in fact try to deliver, but that there was an issue out of their control and they did what the supervisor told them to do as far as scanning goes. For a while theu were told of thry ended up witha parcel for a different t route, or they returned to the office and found theyd missed a parcel they should scan them 'business closed, then when people started griping anout not being businesses they started telling them to scan them no access, and I think the main reason they do that rather than scanning them attempted is the system will tell the customer a notice was left. If basically theyd told you someone goofed up, your parcel was safe at the office and would be delivered rhe next day, you'd still be miffed, but at least you wouldn't feel someone had tried to pull something on you, which is what the current way theyre doing things is making people think. I think the postal service would be much better served to be transparent and say we made an error rather than trying to mislead someone.
jetogill1 karma2017-11-28 19:32:04 UTC
Yeah, I've got some people with gated driveways who do this, and It works out great. I would prefer that garage be separate from 'other at residence ' though, I've had it cause some confusion
Copyright © 2014 BestofAMA.com, All rights reserved.
reddit has not approved or endorsed BestofAMA, reddit design elements are trademarks of reddit inc.