General_Incompetence204 karma2012-12-14 17:40:14 UTC
Hey Devs, thanks for taking the time to do this AMA and best of luck on your release! The agent engine looks really impressive. Can't wait to play around with it.
I've got a few questions.
1) What new feature in this Simcity that wasn't in the previous iterations are you most excited for (besides the paint-brush like roads)?
2) Is there a feature that was in the previous Simcitys but isn't in this one that you miss?
3) Can you go in depth at all about modding? How you will support it? What you're doing to make it accessible.
4) What is, in theory, the maximum population a city could hold in Simcity?
5) Simcity 4 had a great balance between macro (early game zoning, highway building, roads/mass transit) to micro (school/health/police funding, budget balancing, mass transit perfecting). How would you say your game tackles this balance? Do you feel that it sways to more micro than macro, or the other way around? Can you give some examples of early, mid, and late game macro/micro?
Bonus Question: What films do you watch to get you pumped up to work on/play Simcity? Towering Inferno?
Again, thank you very much! I look forward to playing the beta.
View HistoryShare Link
General_Incompetence22 karma2012-12-14 18:52:58 UTC
This is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I'd be lying if I said the information I've seen hasn't made me a skeptic to this, but I want to play great/fun games and you never know until you try.
Thanks for the response. Really looking forward to trying it!
Copyright © 2014 BestofAMA.com, All rights reserved.
reddit has not approved or endorsed BestofAMA, reddit design elements are trademarks of reddit inc.