Clbull234 karma2013-05-23 22:19:40 UTC
"Glass, stream to Twitch"
View HistoryShare Link
Clbull190 karma2012-03-08 03:31:18 UTC
I got five questions for you:
1) Can we 'call cousin Vinnie' in this game?
Or a better way of phrasing the question, what cheat codes will there be?
2) What do you feel were your biggest mistakes when developing SimCity 4?
In my opinion it was the engine (It felt just plain horrible.)
3) Will there be any elements borrowed from other Sim games like The Sims 3, SimCopter etc found in the new SimCity game?
For example a bonus mode where you can fly a helicopter through your city or the ability to somehow include your Sims from The Sims 3 into the game.
4) As a strong hater of Digital Rights Management (but also an opposer of piracy for the fact that it is basically the stealing of legitimate profits a company would have made from their product), I feel that shafting the legitimate consumer (with useless things that make the game about 0.005% harder to crack and upload on bittorrent for pirates like installation limits, online installation and/or permanent internet connection requirements to play regardless of the game being single player) is a terrible idea.
And now to my question. What are Maxis and Electronic Arts going to do to address the gamers' concerns that SimCity would suddenly get swamped with DRM weeks before launch?
I don't want to look forward to this game and actually want to spend money on it and then find out two weeks before the game's launch that I will require a permanent internet connection just to play the game's single player modes, or that I'd need to install rootkit copy protection software like SecuROM just to play it.
I just feel like offering the legitimate buyer a much worse product than what the pirates get for free is actually deterring people from buying the game as opposed to its intended effect of making the game exponentially harder to pirate.
5) Also related to DRM. How does Maxis feel about the fact that Spore became the most pirated game of 2008 probably as a retaliatory move towards the inclusion of SecuROM DRM and installation limits?
Clbull106 karma2010-02-01 21:03:28 UTC
Why I'd rather be punched in the testicles than call customer service is my current favourite.
Clbull44 karma2011-10-19 21:50:25 UTC
How about Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy getting it on?
Clbull35 karma2013-05-23 22:16:57 UTC
Adblock user here. What annoys me the most?
Copyright © 2014 BestofAMA.com, All rights reserved.
reddit has not approved or endorsed BestofAMA, reddit design elements are trademarks of reddit inc.