Highest Rated Comments

ChamferedWobble69 karma

Am I the only one that this Rachel doesn't call?

What did I do to offend her?

ChamferedWobble5 karma

I’ve phv’d into a lot of different courts, and don’t think I ever saw a requirement for a JD. They generally want a certificate of good standing from the top state court where you’re admitted, a record of every court you’re admitted in, a record of any previous phv admissions in that court, and a confirmation that you haven’t been reprimanded (or an explanation for any). Also a fee of course. And you’ll need local counsel.

ChamferedWobble3 karma

Depends a lot on your practice area and what clients you want to work with. For some practice areas, you’re only going to get the interesting cases at a big firms. You’re also likely to stand out more and feel more integrated in smaller practice groups and/or offices in big firms.