Comments: 2049 • Responses: 33 • Date: 2014-02-04 14:07:21 UTC
Comments: 1260 • Responses: 56 • Date: 2015-01-24 01:51:14 UTC
EddieIzzardHere1176 karma2014-02-04 14:30:20 UTC
I would do anything for Monty Python. Their gigs in London are for them. I just want them to have a fun time and for the audience to enjoy themselves. I'm not thinking any more than that. But they will always be my greatest comedy heroes.
View HistoryShare Link
EddieIzzardHere956 karma2015-01-24 02:38:18 UTC
You all have to tell the BBC what you think if you want to make something happen.
EddieIzzardHere952 karma2015-01-24 02:27:13 UTC
EddieIzzardHere938 karma2014-02-04 14:36:32 UTC
Happy reddit Cake day to you!
And then in answer to your question, I haven't decided yet what policies I will have regarding London. It is still six years away. But what I would say is that I will bring all my energy and drive and inventiveness to the job of being Mayor of London, if I was fortunate enough to be elected.
EddieIzzardHere810 karma2015-01-24 02:36:59 UTC
EddieIzzardHere766 karma2014-02-04 14:28:51 UTC
1) The comedy industry is more international now. Which is a good thing. Now more American comics are playing in Britain, and more British and Irish comics are playing in America, which is a good thing. But also, at this year's Edinburgh festival in Scotland, there will a German comedian playing in English, a French comedian playing in English, a Russian comedian playing in English, and an Italian comedian playing in English. And that has never happened before. And I'm doing standup in French and German. So everything is changing.
2) In March of this year, I played the Olympia in Paris. That is a very famous 2000 seater venue in Paris - Edith Piaf played there, Jacques Brel played there, Jimi Hendrix and David Bowie - and I played it all in French. It was a wonderful night.
3) Combatting fear is the most challenging aspect. If you get scared when you're performing, you will not perform. It's the same as driving a car. If you're scared while driving, you may as well pull over and get out of the car. So I try to take risks and improvise to build my self-confidence and push out the fear. And doing gigs in French and German helps my confidence as well.
4) I'm going into politics in six years. I'm trying to follow the lead taken by Senator Al Franken. And in twenty years, I will probably have finished doing politics and will hopefully be doing film drama and comedy again.
5) It has to be cake, I suppose.
EddieIzzardHere764 karma2015-01-24 02:20:36 UTC
I like looking at mountains from other mountains.
EddieIzzardHere694 karma2015-01-24 01:57:57 UTC
No really - it actually helped give me unbelievable confidence in real life
EddieIzzardHere694 karma2015-01-24 03:03:56 UTC
In response to the spider alerts for Australia, please can the Australian government remove all spiders from Australia and blow them into outer space.
EddieIzzardHere679 karma2015-01-24 02:05:18 UTC
I think that the Trans community really 'arrived' in 2014. Having come out in 1985, I am very happy about this. But above all, LGBT must become boring. Then we have made it. I think we are finally getting there
Copyright © 2014 BestofAMA.com, All rights reserved.
reddit has not approved or endorsed BestofAMA, reddit design elements are trademarks of reddit inc.