I'm Richard Di Natale, Leader of the Australian Greens. We're trying to get Australia off it's coal addiction - AMA about next week's election, legalising cannabis, or kicking the Liberals out on May 18!
Proof: Hey Reddit!
We're just eight days away from what may be the most important election Australia has ever seen. If we're serious about the twin challenges of climate change and economic inequality - we need to get rid of this mob.
This election the Australian Greens are offering a fully independently costed plan that offers a genuine alternative to the old parties. While they're competing over the size of their tax cuts and surpluses, we're offering a plan that will make Australia more compassionate, and bring in a better future for all of us.
Check our our plan here: https://greens.org.au/policies
- Getting out of coal, moving to 100% renewables by 2030 (and create 180,000 jobs in the process)
- Raising Newstart by $75 a week so it's no longer below the poverty line
- Full dental under Medicare
- Bring back free TAFE and Uni
- A Federal ICAC with real teeth
We can pay for it by:
- Close loopholes that let the super-rich pay no tax
- Fix the PRRT, that's left fossil fuel companies sitting on a $367 billion tax credit
- End the tax-free fuel rebate for mining companies
Ask me anything about fixing up our political system, how we can tackle climate change, or what it's really like inside Parliament. I'll be back and answering questions from 4pm AEST, through to about 6.
Edit: Alright folks, sorry - I've got to run. Thanks so much for your excellent welcome, as always. Don't forget to vote on May 18 (or before), and I'll have to join you again after the election!