I am Mario Gabelli, value investor & CEO of GAMCO Investors, AMA.
I’m Mario Gabelli, founder, Chairman and CEO of GAMCO Investors, Inc. (NYSE: GBL). Native of The Bronx, my Undergraduate degree is from Fordham School of Business and my MBA from Columbia Business School. I started as a sell side analyst at Loeb Rhoades in 1962. I established Gabelli Asset Management in 1977 and unfortunately, took it public in 1999.
I was credited by Columbia Business School with adding the idea of Private Market Value (PMV) with a CatalystTM to value investing philosophy.
· #1 Asset Manager – CDA Investment Technologies (Now Thomson Reuters) (1982)
· Morningstar, Inc. - Domestic equity fund manager of the year (1997)
· Barron’s All-Century Team (2000)
· Institutional Investor – Money Manager of the Year (2011)
· New York Society of Security Analysts – Lifetime Achievement Award (2014)
Graham & Dodd + Buffett = Gabelli
“That’s my approach to life: Go where others fear to tread. Hell, I bought a Cadillac in the middle of the oil embargo.” – Mario Gabelli, Forbes
I am joined by Daniel Miller, Managing Director at GAMCO and lead portfolio manager of the Pet Parents’ Fund, a first of its kind actively managed ETMF venturing into the ever-growing pet ecosystem.
Instagram - @investgabelli
Twitter - @mariogabelli @investgabelli
Youtube - GabelliTV
UPDATE: Dan and I thank you, we have consumed our box of peanut brittle. Great questions - we look forward to doing this again.