We're a group of InfoSec professionals (hackers, cyber security experts, etc), hoping to share our experiences, and inspire new people to enter the field, Ask us anything!
EDIT: Thank you guys so much! This was tons of fun, great questions from everybody. We might create a recap of some of the questions and answers on our blog in the near future, we'll keep you updated!
EDIT2: I see a lot of people still have questions, keep them coming, we will try to come back to this thread and answer everything we can (probably after the weekend).
Hi, I'm Amit Serper, principal security researcher at Cybereason, here as well are the team of security researchers and incident response professionals who work with me.
We've done low level operating system research, reverse engineering, vulnerability research and exploitation. We’ve also impersonated a plane, cloned building badges, broke into networks, found new malware, won hacking competitions, and cut bad guys off at the proverbial knees.
- Work experience varies from 1 year to 25 years in InfoSec
- Some have a GED, some have multiple Masters degrees
- Some came from IT, SysAd, Programming, Investigations, or Radio Equipment
- Most of us are self-taught and transitioned from other fields (some not even tech)
- All of us have a passion project or white whale that led us into the field
As we’re all aware, the demand for good people in this field is slowly outpacing the supply. Hoping this would be helpful and productive.
We’ll be answering questions from 3:30pm to 530pm EDT. Typing for us is our company Reddit lurker, Eliad.
We'll also be using these users to answer questions:
Ask us anything!