[REQUEST] someone involved high-up in the Australian recycling chain.
My 5 questions;
1) Where does my stuff go when I put my recycling bin out? Does it get recycled into goods here in Australia, or shipped overseas?
2) if shipped overseas, does the recycled raw material end up back in Australia?
3) What percentage of recyclable material that goes in recycle bins is actually recycled? How much ends up in land-fill anyway?
4) is there really such this as a contaminated load? That is, the truck has a pile of green waste or household garbage in it so the whole lot is disposed of in genera rubbish?
5) who is making all the money from me giving them my recyclable stuff for free? Why don't I get a cash payment for every load of recycling I give to the recyclers?