We're the nerds behind LBRY: a decentralized, community-owned YouTube alternative that raised a half million dollars yesterday - let's save the internet - AMA / AUsA
Just want to check out LBRY ASAP? Go here.
Post AMA Wrap Up
This response has been absolutely amazing and tremendously encouraging to our team and we'll definitely report back as we progress. A lot of great questions that will keep us thinking about how to strike the right balance.
Who We Are
Hanging out in our chat and available for questions is most of founding and core members of LBRY:
- Jeremy Kauffman (/u/kauffj) - chief nerd
- Reilly Smith (/u/LBRYcurationbot) - film producer and content curator
- Alex Grintsvayg (/u/lyoshenka) - crypto hipster
- Jack Robison (/u/capitalistchemist) - requisite anarchist college drop-out that once built guitars for Kiss
- Mike Vine (/u/veritasvine) - loudmouth
- Jason Robertson (/u/samueLBRYan) - memer-in-chief
- Nerds from MIT, CMU, RPI and more (we love you Job, Jimmy, Kay, and every Alex)
What Is LBRY?
LBRY is a new, completely open-source protocol that allows creators to share digital content with anyone else while remaining strongly in control – for free or for profit.
If you had the LBRY plugin, you’d be able to click URLs like lbry://itsadisaster (to stream the film starring David Cross) or lbry://samhyde2070 (to see the great YouTube/Adult Swim star's epic TEDx troll).
LBRY can also be viewed and searched on it’s own: here’s a screenshot
Unlike every other corporate owned network, LBRY is completely decentralized and controlled by the people who use it. Every computer connected to and running LBRY helps make the network stronger. But we use the power of encryption and the blockchain to keep everything safe and secure.
To use LBRY ASAP go here. It’s currently in an expanding beta because we need to be careful in how we grow and scale the network.
If you make stuff on YouTube, please consider participating in our Partnership Program - we want to work for you to make something better.