We are Internet freedom advocates, experts, and innovators. If you're concerned about invasive agreements like the TPP or just the future of the Internet, ask us anything!
Learn more about the TPP's threat to Internet freedom at: http://stopthetrap.net
- Grassroots Internet freedom group OpenMedia (Steve Anderson)
- Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian
- Ben Huh, CEO of The Cheezburger Network
- Digital rights advocates and experts from the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), Electronic Frontiers Australia, InternetNZ, Public Knowledge, Public Citizen, and Professor Michael Geist
- Online innovators Mike Masnick from Techdirt, Elliot Noss from TuCows, and Michael Tippett from Ayoudo
- Civil society leaders from the ACLU and Andrew Rasiej from the Personal Democracy Media
Do you have a question about the future of the Internet? Want to learn more about secretive Trans-Pacific Partnership's (TPP) Internet trap? Have an idea for how we can reach more people with the StopTheTrap.net campaign?
We’re here all day (9 AM – 7 PM Eastern)! Join us here and contribute to what is surely the most exciting movement of our time: Internet freedom.
From each of us to you: AMA!
General information about the TPP from civil society groups:
Update: Some interesting threads:
- So, please explain what the TPP is and why it is bad.
- What do you consider the #1 threat to our Internet freedoms as they stand today?
- Do petitions like this make any difference?
- ..what can the ground level troops do to help market this better and in a way that differs from "doom and gloom" since fear is rarely a motivating factor in decision making?
- What is your stance on piracy? Do you think piracy is a legitimate action in free internet?