I'm Milan Patel, this is my 2nd AMA. I am a Wheelchair user living with a Neuromuscular disease called Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (symptoms have similarities to ALS). I don't have many physical abilities anymore. I'm also a YouTuber and Graphic D...
Some of you may remember the AMA I did a little over a year ago. I got an overwhelming response last time so I thought it was time I did another one.
If you don’t, I was born with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and have dealt with many things related to it. Most people don't feel comfortable asking about disabilities even though they might be curious and just assume things. As I'm getting older, I've been advocating and informing a lot. My goal is to leave a lasting impact and I hope someone will learn something new from this.
Some background about me:
- I lost the ability to walk about 14 years ago when I was 9.
- I really have no arm strength. Just enough hand and wrist strength to control my power wheelchair and use a computer mouse and use a customized PS4 controller.
- I have lost a cousin and uncle to DMD.
- I use Non-invasive ventilation which is using a ventilator to take deeper breathes using a mouthpiece during the day as needed and a mask at night
- Started a YouTube channel about 1 1/2 years about different adaptions in my life and things I enjoy. https://www.youtube.com/c/MilanPatel
- I have developed a photography hobby in the last year.
I will answer any question so please ask me anything at all! Hopefully, you'll learn something new!
Here's proof: https://www.instagram.com/patelasaur/
If you want to follow along with my life, feel free to check out my YouTube and Instagram linked above.
Edit: I am back answering throughout the day!