We are Evangeline Lilly (Lost, Hobbit, Ant-Man), members of Anti-Flag, Flobots, and Firebrand Records plus organizers and policy experts from FFTF, Sierra Club, the Wikimedia Foundation, and more, kicking off a nationwide roadshow to defeat the Tr...
The Rock Against the TPP tour is a nationwide series of concerts, protests, and teach-ins featuring high profile performers and speakers working to educate the public about the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), and bolster the growing movement to stop it. All the events are free.
See the full list and lineup here: Rock Against the TPP
The TPP is a massive global deal between 12 countries, which was negotiated for years in complete secrecy, with hundreds of corporate advisors helping draft the text while journalists and the public were locked out. The text has been finalized, but it can’t become law unless it’s approved by U.S. Congress, where it faces an uphill battle due to swelling opposition from across the political spectrum. The TPP is branded as a “trade” deal, but its more than 6,000 pages contain a wide range of policies that have nothing to do with trade, but pose a serious threat to good jobs and working conditions, Internet freedom and innovation, environmental standards, access to medicine, food safety, national sovereignty, and freedom of expression.
Please ask us anything!
Answering questions today are (along with their proof):
- Evangeline Lilly, proof, proof
- Chris Barker aka #2, Anti-Flag, proof
- Jonny 5, Flobots, proof
- Evan Greer, Fight for the Future Campaign Director, proof
- Ilana Solomon, Sierra Club Director of Responsible Trade Program, proof
- Timothy Vollmer, Creative Commons, proof
- Meghan Sali, Open Media Digital Rights Specialist, proof
- Dan Mauer, CWA, proof
- Arthur Stamoulis, Citizens Trade Campaign, proof
- Jan Gerlach and Charles M. Roslof, Wikimedia, proof
- Ryan Harvey, Firebrand Records, proof
Update #1: Thanks for all the questions, many of us are staying on and still here! Remember you can expand to see more answers and questions.