We train people to survive in the wild, track animals, flintknap, make fire by friction, forage wild edible and medicinal plants, and live closer to nature. We are Practical Primitive, ask us anything!
Here is some proof!
To give you an idea of specific things we teach at our school, some of our upcoming courses are:
- Campground Cooking: Dutch Ovens, Griddles, Skillets & More
- Primitive Traps: Deadfalls & Snares Simplified
- Tracking: Learning the Basics
- Stalking & the Art of Natural Camouflage
- Dead Space: Invisible in Plain Sight
- Primitive Fishing Techniques
- Survival Skills 101: How to Not Die
- Medicinal Plants: Healing with Nature's Own Pharmacy
You can see a list of our upcoming workshops with pictures and information here.
For those of you near New Jersey, we also have a free Open Skills Night on the third Wednesday of each month. Our next one is on July 16th, when we’ll be coal-roasting fresh, tasty corn, so please come join us and enjoy! http://www.practicalprimitive.com/openskills.html
There are five of us here right now: Eddie & Julie (instructors), Andrew (former intern), Boomer (dog), and Bob and Oliver (goats).
Ask us anything!
-EDIT- That's all we've got for now! Thanks for the interest and questions, we hope you learned something useful! Take care and stay safe!